Quest Software Expands Toad Portfolio with Release of Toad for Sybase
Sybase Suite Rounds out Cross-platform Support and Includes Free, Full-Featured Version for Sybase ASE
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Aug 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Quest Software, Inc. today expanded its popular Toad(R) product portfolio, used by more than one million users worldwide, with the addition of free and commercial versions of Toad for Sybase. The new suite adds Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ and SQL Anywhere to Toad’s long list of supported relational and non-relational database platforms, making Quest the most comprehensive cross-platform database management tools vendor in the market and enabling organizations to eliminate pains and extra costs associated with multiple third-party vendors’ tools.
– With SAP’s acquisition of Sybase, industry analysts predict an increase in market share and adoption of Sybase data management products, amplifying the need for comprehensive Sybase administration and development solutions.
– The Toad portfolio’s deep domain functionality paired with its support for diverse, heterogeneous environments make it the industry’s most comprehensive multi-platform database solution. Organizations running Sybase alongside other database platforms now have the ability to standardize on the market’s leading toolset while reducing the learning curve and training costs associated with adopting new, disparate tools.
– Toad for Sybase enables users to be more proactive in automating maintenance, ensuring optimal performance, and mitigating the risk of change to the database. Toad automates routine tasks and greatly reduces the risks associated with database vulnerability, performance bottlenecks, upgrades and patches.
– A full-featured version of Toad for Sybase with Sybase ASE support is now available for free to the Sybase community at http://toadworld.com/Freeware/ToadforSybaseFreeware/tabid/814/Default.aspx . Additional editions with support for Sybase IQ and SQL Anywhere are commercially available with North American pricing beginning at $870. For more information, please visit www.quest.com/toad-for-sybase/ .
– “As demand for database management products that span multiple database brands continue to rise, and Sybase adoption increases, more organizations are looking to implement tools that offer broad multi-platform support and provide an opportunity for tool consolidation. With its popular Toad products and ISV leadership standing in the database tools market, Quest’s added support for Sybase responds to the growing need for comprehensive database tools to address a fairly complete IT database portfolio, and should well meet market and customer demands.” Carl Olofson, research vice president, IDC
– “Our relationship with Quest underscores our commitment to providing our customers with the best database management and performance optimization solutions available. We are extremely pleased to have Quest supporting our customers with their industry-leading database tools.” Terry Orsborn, senior product marketing manager, Sybase
– “The more than 15,000 downloads of the Toad for Sybase beta show us there is strong demand for development and administration tools for Sybase, and we want to give our customers the tools they need to manage their entire environment. We have a strong partnership with Sybase, and look forward to supporting their users with both free and commercial tools.” Claudia Fernandez, director of product management for Toad solutions, Quest Software
Tweet this: @Quest expands #Toad portfolio with release of Toad for Sybase http://bit.ly/nj5SD7 #Sybase
To download the Sybase GUI tool, log on to http://www.quest.com/toad-for-sybase/
About Quest Software, Inc. Quest Software simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com .
Quest, Quest Software, Toad and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.