This is a quick hit list of online resources that I believe are useful for anyone that is interested in all things related to databases in the cloud. I’ll put up a list of these resources each week – hopefully you’ll find these informative. You comments are always welcome!
- myNoSQL is a blog that offers news, articles and links covering all major NoSQL projects.
- All Things Hadoop is another blog that offers excellent content related to distributed computing that provides really good introductory information as well as deep technical content for folks that are well versed in the subject – something for everyone.
- The Amazon SimpleDB homepage for anyone that wants to use Amazon Web Services and have your own data store without worrying about managing the infrastructure that would normally come with these types of projects.
- Database Journal wrote up a great little primer on cloud computing with Amazon SimpleDB that might be a good and quick read prior to hitting the Amazon SimpleDB page.
- In keeping with the SimpleDB topic, here’s a case study on how Glue is taking advantage of SimpleDB over a relational database. What’s Glue? You’ll find out in the link – pretty clever…
Again, I’ll put up a resource list weekly and hopefully you’ll find this at least informative (or entertaining). Thanks!